In association with Words Work Library and Children’s Center, we are conducting a session every Sunday in Lakedew Residency, Harlur Road (Near HSR Layout), Bangalore.
DETAILS OF THE SESSION
- Every Sunday morning
- 9 – 10:30 AM (Classes ~ 5, 6, 7)
- The sessions will be in the Words Work Library and Children’s Center, Lakedew Residency, Harlur (directions click here)
- Fees Rs. 1,500 per child per month
- Topics for next 6 months will be around kinematics (Newton’s laws, 2D motion, conservation of energy etc)
HOW TO JOIN
Click here to register
WHAT HAPPENS IN THE SESSIONS?
There will be a lot more happening than just the topics at hand. The experience and interactions will be much more crucial than the content itself.
In 6-8 week sprints, children will EXPLORE, EXPERIMENT, EXPERIENCE and EXPRESS in this journey of learning. Kids can expect three things …
- Learn to Learn (EXPLORE) … discussion on learning concepts such as Growth vs Talent Mindset and Deliberate Practice
- Creation. Build a Project (EXPLORE, EXPERIMENT and EXPERIENCE) … teams of 2-3 will build a project (say a ‘hydraulic mechanism’). In the process appreciating the application of physics, challenges of coming up with original ideas, facing the obstacles of building / tinkering with real things and above all working as a team
- Critically Analyze and Synthesize (EXPLORE and EXPRESS) … we will watch small movie clips, critically analyze the layers/nuances (camera angles, sound, expressions, story telling etc.) and articulate those ideas. Kids love this
Please see the following links to understand more about StableBow and the program.
Please come by during the session on Sunday morning if you want to see or have any questions.
- The thinking behind Stable Bow and the inspiration
- Discussions we had on Growth Mindset vs Talent Mindset
- Various projects the children designed, the debates and the creative struggles
- Some interesting activities we did, including analyzing movies
- Finally the presentation to parents, the celebration at the end and lot’s of feedback